For a monitoring question or drop-down on Collect, you need to select an entity from the available list. If you can't see an entity, follow these steps.
If you are running a data collection that involves tracking the same people or objects over a period of time, you would need to collect certain data about them multiple times in several interactions. In another case, you might want your data collectors to be able to choose certain information from an existing drop-down list.
In both these cases, you can upload some baseline (basic) information that will remain the same throughout the data collection project. For example, in a project to improve education standards of children in a village, their name, date of birth, village, parent's name, etc will stay the same. This saves you a lot of time and helps you track one entity over time.
In this article, we will discuss what to do if you can't see the entity (person, object, etc.) you are looking for.
If you are someone who uses the Collect app to submit data, read the steps below:
Step 1. To answer a monitoring question, press 'Select Baseline' and choose from the list of entities you can see. You can also search for the entity using the search bar on the top.
If you can't find the entity you want, follow these steps below.
Step 2. Check that you have internet connectivity:
- Go to your forms and then click on "Settings".
- Now, click on "Application Settings".
- Next, click on "Internet Status" to see if you are connected to the internet.
- If it says 'Not Connected', you will not be able to see the monitoring entity. Please connect your phone to a mobile network or wifi, then refresh your forms in Collect.
If you have internet connectivity, follow the steps below.
Step 3. Go to the form you are filling, and click on the monitoring question. Now, try updating the entities by clicking on the "Download" button on the top.
You will be able to see a message saying "Downloading data". Look for the entity again. If the entity still doesn't appear, please contact your web admin.
If you are a web admin, read the steps below:
If your team member reports that they cannot see a monitoring entity, follow these steps:
Step 1. Check if the entity exists in the baseline data:
- Go to the "Data" tab on the Collect web dashboard.
- Search for the baseline form, which contains the baseline data.
- Click on the responses under 'Total Responses'.
- Change the data range to 'Overall'.
- Press 'Download data' to download a report of this data.
- Open the report and search for the entity.
Step 2. If the entity does not exist in the report:
If the entity is not in the report, then it cannot be visible to your team members on the Collect app. To fix this, please share the missing entity's data with us.
Step 3. If the entity exists in the report:
Check if the person who can't see the entity is added to the right team:
- On the Collect web dashboard, go to the "Organization" tab.
- Go to "Teams".
- Search for and select the team that the entity exists in.
- Check if they are present in that team.
- If yes, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com
- If no, add them to the team and they should be able to see it.
Help and Support:
Need any help or have some questions? Just drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get right back!