Before you can carry out your data collection, it is important to create forms/surveys with the right questions. Here is how you can create a new form and add questions.
Creating a new form -
- Log into your Collect web account: https://collect.socialcops.com/login.
- Click on the “Add New Form” tab present in the top right corner of your screen.
- Now add a "Form title", this will be the name of your survey/form. You may also add a "Form description".
Don't have a Collect web account yet - Here's how you can create one.
Adding questions to a form -
- Click on “Add Questions”.
- Select the question type you want, for example, choice, number, text, etc. Read more about different question types are and how you can create each one of them.
- Add your question in the “Question Title” field.
- If you want to make this question mandatory, select the “Mandatory Question” checkbox.
- You can add a description for the question in “Question Help Content”. This description will show up on the Collect app along with your question and will help your user in understanding the question better.
- Under “Keyword”, enter a unique name or ID to represent this question. For example, for a question “Name of the respondent”, you can choose “name” as the keyword.
- Once you are done creating this question and want to add more questions, click on “Add New Question”. Repeat the process for as many questions you want to add to your form.
- All questions and their details will be saved automatically.
- Now your form has been created. Once you click on "Publish Form" you will be able to view the form on the added mobile device.