You can download or export your data from Collect in both Excel and CSV formats. You can also customize your exported data file.
In addition to viewing your collected responses on Collect, you can also download or export your data for further analysis using your preferred analysis software. In this article, we will discuss how you can download your data in a few simple steps!
You can also watch a video tutorial at the bottom of this article. 📹
Downloading Data From Collect
Step 1. Go to your Collect account and then go to the "Forms" tab.
Step 2. Here, you will be able to see all your forms with the number of responses collected on each. Click on the form for which you want to view the responses.
Step 3. Click on the "Responses" tab. You will be able to see a screen with the details of different responses collected using this form.
Step 4. Click on the "Download" tab on the right side of your Collect dashboard. Here, you'll be able to see various settings which you can choose from before you download your data. These settings will help you customize how you want your downloaded data file to be.
Below are a list of all the configurations you would see and what they mean.
- Time Zone: This lets you choose the time zone for all the time stamps and time questions in your downloaded data file. You can choose any time zone from around the world, based on your preference.
- Column Headers: "Column Headers" determines what the column name on your data file. You can choose between "Question Keyword" and "Question Titles".
- File Formats: You can choose whether you want the downloaded data to be an Excel file or a CSV file.
- Total Columns: Collect allows you to select all the columns you would like to see in your data. This shows the total number of columns which will appear on your downloaded data.
- MCQ Options: "MCQ Options" determines what the choices of option questions look like in your data file. You can choose between "Option Code" and "Option Labels".
- Synced Date Range: This shows the date range selected based on synced time for which your data will be downloaded.
- Submitted by: You can choose to download your data for specific field staff or all of them.
- Tags: You can choose to download your data for with specific tags (Verified, Archived etc.)
- Response IDs: You can choose to download specific response from your data based on individual response IDs.
There are also a few Advanced Settings available, depending on the types of questions on your questionnaire. Here's what they mean -
- Show answers for Group question in
Different Sheets - You can select this when you want the answer to group questions in different excel/CSV files.
Same Sheet - You can select this when you want the answers to group questions in a single excel/CSV files.
- Show answers for MCQ in
One Column - You can select this when you want all the options selected in a multiple choice question in a single column, separated by commas.
Different Column - You can select this when you want the each choice option in a multiple choice question in different columns, indicated by a Yes (1) or No (0).
- Show answers from
Current revision of the form - You can select this when you want to download responses from the current version of the form.
All revisions of the form - You can select this when you want to download responses from all the previous versions of the form as well.
- Show answers for Monitoring with
All Questions - You can select this when you want to download responses with all the questions from the baseline form.
Selected monitoring question - You can select this when you want to download responses only with the baseline questions which are visible to the field staff.
Step 5. You can click on the pencil button ✏️ next to any of these configurations to change them.
Step 6. Once you have selected the desired settings, click on the "Download" button. This will now show you all the changed settings. Now, you can click on the "Prepare Download" button.
Step 7. Once the file is ready, you can click on the "Download" button to download your file.
You can also send a link to your email id from where you can download data. Just tick mark the checkbox above the "Prepare Download" tab.
You can also watch the video below to learn how you download data from Collect. Please use the full-screen mode to view it clearly.
Help and Support:
Need any help or have some questions? Just drop us an email at email@example.com and we will get right back!